Monday, 8 December 2014

DIY | Sharpening Hair Scissors



Heyy guys!
So in the lead up to my transition chop I had made plans to buy all new hair scissors but luckily I came across this top tip which made me put my coins back in my purse.

You will need...
Hair Shears
Regular ol' kitchen foil

Directions...
Firstly cut a sheet of foil and fold it at least four times. Then take your dull scissors and begin to slowly cut through the foil from one end to the other. Repeat this across the width of the foil piece. 

And that's it! You'll find that you now have fresh, sharpened blades ready for use.
Please note that this should not be done too regularly as it may graze the blades over time.
Other tools which you can use include, sandpaper, whetstone, pins and glass cylinders (like a drinking glass).

Have any of you guys tried this before? Feel free to share any other useful hair care tool hacks below!
Take Care.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I've never tried this before. I always spend so much money on buying new hair scissors, thanks for the tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay! I know right, good quality hair scissors are not cheap either! x

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...