Thursday, 11 December 2014

Christmas Gift Guide: Hair Care

Heyy guys!
With Christmas just two weeks away, I thought I'd share with you some gift ideas geared towards those who love hair care. I've been wanting to do a post like this for the last two years, but always left it too late. Hopefully this time around I've left enough time to give a bit of inspiration for any of you who are a little stuck on what to get your loved ones. I've separated the gifts into categories (gift sets, products, appliances, tools and miscellaneous), and provided links below, where possible.

I think gift sets are the perfect little gift for a product junkie or someone who loves to sample new things. Most gift sets come with miniature forms of popular products from the company's range, usually at a discounted price. Here a few I have chosen...

Entwine Couture have brought forward sample sizes of their popular products together in a kit. I actually have this kit, and would definitely recommend it as a gift. The kit includes a styler, argon oil, butter creme, holding gel, shampoo and conditioner. 
2. Shea Moisture Hair Kits £25.95 (Visit their website to check out their range hair kits)
I love the Shea Moisture brand. Although on the pricey side, they never fail to deliver. Shea Moisture offer hair kits to suit many needs. I've linked their transition kit which includes 16oz bottles of their Deep Treatment Masque, Moisture Retention Shampoo, Restorative Conditioner and Reconstructive Finishing Elixir.
For the adventurous, Shea Butter Cottage have put together a starter kit which includes many a number of exotic butters and oils. The kit includes avocado butter, mafura butter, hibiscus oil to name a few, and a small jar to store your mixture in. Just right for any kitchen beauticians out there.
4. LUSH Curly Wurly (Shampoo) £10.25/ 220g, H'suan Wen Hua (Hair Treatment) £9.75/ 225g, R&B (Moisturiser) £11.50/ 100g
Another brand I love is LUSH. Ethical company with no animal testing, their products are all fresh and vegetarian friendly AND handmade. What's not to like? I love that they offer products for afro-Caribbean hair too. R&B, H'Suan Wen Hua and Curly Wurly are three just to name a few (They are not part of a gift set, but can be purchased separately). These are definitely on my wishlist, and would make a great gift for the ingredient-conscious.

5. Hair Therapy Wrap £21.99 
I feel like I go on about this heating cap so much on my blog. You can read my mini review on it here. It's a great little gift for those who want to cut down their DC time or for someone who loves a good hair mask.
I'm sure you've seen this being reviewed  hundered times on YouTube. The ergonomic design of this hair dryer means that it is a lot easier to use. This would be a great gift for someone who loves blowdrying their hair often, or finds it difficult reaching that tricky back section. It's trendy, and unlike any hair dryer currently out there.
7. Hand Blender from £14.00
Know a kitchen beautician? Someone who loves cooking up batches upon batches of their own hair butters and creams? Why not give the gift of a hand blender. I own one by Cookworks, and it has definitely been a massive help with my Shea Butter mixes and DIY deep conditioners.
8. Tiered Storage £26.00
Yes, this is a cake stand. This gift idea was actually inspired by this image I saw on Google. This would be an ideal gift for someone who possesses an amass of products which need a little organisation. Would go great on a vanity table,as well as in the bathroom.

Hair care books are a great gift for those wanting to learn a bit more about the science and make up of hair. Often written by women with a broad knowledge of black hair, who have been on hair journeys themselves, these books are very informative and would be perfect for someone starting off their hair journey.

So those a just a few gift ideas. Hopefully this has given someone, somewhere some inspiration. Feel free to share some of your wish list items below!
Happy shopping!
Take Care.
** I do not own the pictures used in this post. All images were sourced from the links provided**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...