Monday, 19 May 2014

Review | Shea Moisture Transitioning Milk



Heyy guys!
So today I thought I'd review a relatively new addition to my stash: the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Extra Moisture Transitioning Milk. Sooo...

What is it, and what does it promise to do?

"An extra moisturising styling cream for dry, damaged hair. Strengthens as it promotes healthy growth while transitioning chemically treated hair to natural. Smoothes and restores brilliant shine."

Directions vs. how I use it.

"Apply as a no- rinse protective styling cream to damp hair. Use as needed". I have tried it this way as well as as a normal moisturiser during my evening moisturising and sealing routine.

My thoughts

I think I first came across this product whilst browsing the Shea moisture website, and then I saw fellow UK blogger, Takara from Curls Chords and Clothes review it and I remember thinking 'I've gottsta try this!' But, at that point in time it was sooo hard to get hold of in the UK. Luckily a month later, Curly Emporium began to stock it and I did not hold back in grabbing myself a bottle.

I definitely like this as a leave in/ light moisturiser. As I mentioned in my 22 months post relaxer blog post, my hair prefers the thicker, creamier products and while this is very creamy it doesn't quite have the thickness I normally desire. As I'm nearing the end of my transition my priority is my natural hair over my relaxed and so part of my judgement is based upon whether I would continue using it once I've said sayonara to the strings. Don't get me wrong, I love this hair milk and would possibly repurchase if I was feeling in a 'spendy-spendy' kind of mood. I picked mine up back in November for a whopping £12.99, and with that you get 236 ml worth of product. But hey, i'm not complaining (...yet) as I haven't even reached the half way mark yet.
What the hair milk lacks in thickness (and mercy on my purse strings) is definitely made up for in moisture. As it advertises, it is very moisturising. I loved using this as my moisturiser when I re did my braids.
Would I say this was correctly geared towards transitioners? Well based on my experience, yes. I would definitely say it worked on my transitioning hair, serving the needs of both of my textures at the time. It doesn't weigh down my relaxed ends at all which was great. The hair milk also passed my greasy-touch test which I would hope is self- explanatory. In fact, my hair tends to feel very soft when I use this product which doesn't particularly help my hand- in- hair syndrome.

The aroma is great too with hints of vanilla, which is right up my street! I'm sure you know by now how important I find the smell of my hair products. The scent is sweet but warm, as with most Shea Moisture products. It doesn't smell artificial or 'perfumey' in any way.
It's all natural, with a long list of the substances it doesn't contain displayed proudly on the side of the bottle. From no sulphates, parabens, gluten or animal ingredients, to name a few. So for all you chemical conscious hair care lovers, this will be right up your alley.


So have any of you tried this/interested in giving this a try? Let me know!
Take care. 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'm glad you like it. Mine is running out and I've had it for the best part of a year, it is definitely an investment. Congrats on getting so far in your transition, you're doing a fab job!!!
    ps. Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think I'm going to have mine for quite some time too.
      Thank you! Congrats to you too. I'll be joining you soon :)

      Delete
  2. I read about this transitioning milk on Takara's site too. I'm not {officially} transitioning but I LOVES me a good moisturizing leave in! It's good to hear that it works well for you too!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love this one then! Yep I'm glad the money didn't go to waste lol

      Delete
  3. I'm considering transitioning, but I don't know if I have the guts to do it :/ Help? I'm now following you on GFC, I'd love it if you could follow me too? http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm already following you.

      I'd say don't do it unless you know you can fully commit to it. If you're having doubts then nows not the time.
      You could always take 'baby steps' and start by stretching your relaxer and see how that goes..

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...