Monday, 27 January 2014

DIY | Shea Butter Mix

Heyy guys!
Today I'm here to share another DIY. I hope you don't mind. Following the disappointment of S-curl back in October (see here) I decided to get experimenting and whip up my own moisturiser using Shea Butter. I don't take credit for this mixture in any way as I drew inspiration for the ingredients included from others, and from what my hair generally likes.

Ingredients & Benefits (... which I'm sure you've read a million times so I'll just summarise lol)
8tbsp Unrefined Shea Butter
Unrefined shea butter is rich in nutrients with a creamy texture. It helps to seal in moisture and can relieve dry, itchy scalp and dandruff.
4 tbsp Coconut Oil
Adds luster and shine to the hair, stimulates hair growth, helps fight against scalp issues such as dandruff.
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Conditions and strengthens the hair.
1 tbsp Vitamin E Oil
Helps repair split ends,stimulates hair growth, prevents greying, adds shine.

I whipped the Shea butter first with my hand blender until creamy. Then I added the rest of the ingredients and mixed until it was smooth. I then left it to set in the fridge. My mixture filled about three 60ml tubs.
I used this whip religiously when I blow dried my hair as it gave me just enough moisture without reverting my new growth. After I washed my hair I continued to use this mix and it improved manageability and left my hair feeling super soft. The only possible con I can think of at the moment is that it's quite heavy on my relaxed ends, but this can easily be avoided by simply using less.

Shea butter mixes seem to be very popular in the hair care world. If you have your own shea butter fusion, feel free to share your recipe!
Take care.

8 comments:

  1. I love a good hair butter recipe! I like to add tangerine essential oils to give my butter a great scent!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that sounds interesting! I should probably look into adding a scent to mine

      Delete
  2. Its so much easier to use this way, I usually use just the coconut oil! Will definitely have to try adding the vitamin e to my mix next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea you should definitely give it a try. Vitamin e has so many benefits!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for showing me how to make shea butter mix. I've been hearing a lot about the benefits of shea butter, so can't wait to try this out. I'm your 98th GFC follower, which means you've only got 2 more to get until 100. *dances*
    Please check out my blog, and if you like what you see, let's get connected on GFC and Bloglovin' xx
    http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy, no problem :) and thanks for following!
      I'll check out your blog now

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...