Monday, 13 January 2014

DIY Deep Condition | Avocado & Banana Hair Mask

Heyy guys!
Today I thought I'd share with you another DIY deep conditioner/ Hair Mask I tried out at 16 months post relaxer. Spoiler Alert: This is hands down the best DC I've tried!!

Ingredients included:
1/2 Avocado 
1/2 Banana 
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk 
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
2 tbsp Honey 

The Process: 
Firstly I cut the banana and avocado into to chunks to make it easier to blend. I added all ingredients into small mixing bowl and mixed with my hand blender. This is one of my many recent purchases I wrote about in my last post. I decided to buy one to keep my mum at ease- she doesn't understand why I put food in my hair- which is understandable because it is weird lol. Plus she didn't want me using her utensils for my "potions" as she likes to call them.
Even though I used a hand blender I sieved the mixture just to be extra, extra sure there would be no bits that would get stuck in my hair. Also I applied the mixture before I shampoo'ed too as another extra precaution. I applied the mixture then wrapped my hair in two plastic bags and then put on my turban to keep all the moisture in. I left this on for about an hour then rinsed and shampoo'ed my hair.
My Thoughts:
As I said this is hands down the best DIY DC I've tried so far. I will definitely be using this again. It left my hair very moisturised! The consistency of my mix was quite creamy. I think it would've been a lot creamier had I used a table spoon or so of the Olive Oil instead of half a cup. This is something I will do when I whip up my next batch. Nonetheless, it was still thick enough to provide me with good enough slip to finger detangle my way through my new growth with ease. I ended up using all of the mixture I made but the good thing about this mix is that if you do have any left over it can be left in your fridge for two weeks.

Have any of you tried this deep conditioner/hair mask, and what were your thoughts on it?
Take care.

3 comments:

  1. great kitchenista recipe Rebecca! I just added it to my things to do list!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope it works for you! :)

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...