Monday, 28 October 2013

Tea Rinse



Heyy guys!
So around the beginning of August I tried the infamous tea rinse 'treatment'. This is something I've wanted to try out since the beginning of my hair journey and I've only just got round to trying it now... 2 years later lol. And I've only just got around to blogging about it... 2 months later - what a fail I am lol.

Benefits of a tea rinse:
Prevents shedding 
Can darken the hair and add shine 
The Caffeine in tea helps stimulate hair growth when used once a month

What I did
I'm not a lover of the hot beverage but the rest of my family drink it like there's no tomorrow. I used PG tips tea bags, as that's what we had in the house, but any brand will suffice. Before getting in the shower to wash my hair I boiled water and added 3 tea bags. I let it cool for the duration of my shower session. When I had finished washing my hair I transferred the tea rinse mix to my spray bottle. I sprayed the mix onto my hair and put on a plastic cap whilst I finished the rest of my shower session. I then put my deep conditioner on top of the tea, and put on a plastic cap for a further 30 minutes. I then went on to rinse it all out.

Results
Ok, so word of advice... Make sure you wear old clothes and use old towels because tea stains! My bath tub and spray bottle were definitely affected too and it took a good scrub to get the stains out. As I said previously, I don't like tea and my hair did smell of it heavily on application but once you rinse the smell disappears. In terms of shedding, it was still present. It didn't stop miraculously, but I didn't expect that anyway. I think this is something you need to be consistent with in order to get the results. I did notice however that my hair felt a lot softer and had a lot more luster than usual, which is definitely a plus.I plan on doing this once a month, providing my hair is not in braids.

So have any of you tried/ thinking of trying a tea rinse?
Feel free to share your thoughts.
Take Care.

6 comments:

  1. I tried it like once or twice but it was too difficult too apply so i never did it again, so i cant be sure whether it worked or not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa I haven't done it since either lol, don't really want to do it when I have in braids

      Delete
  2. i love it rinse it really helps with my shedding and it leave my hair very soft.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo cool! I'm glad it's working for you :)

      Delete
  3. I tried this once but I didn't let it cool down enough silly.. I had the whitest scalp you can imagine.. It was awful! Needless to say I haven't tried it since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Thanks for sharing your experience. Its always good to know the cons of 'hyped up' hair treatments

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...