Thursday, 31 October 2013

Monthly Favourites '13 | October


It was this time last year that I did my last 'monthly' favourites. What a joke eh lol. I should probably change it to annual favourites. But nevertheless, this large gap has allowed to me create a serious list of products and things alike that I have really been loving. If you're interested in reading my October favourites from 2012 then you can click here.

First we have... 
Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream
Lately I’ve been really taking care of my nails as they've been growing in really well and I wanted to maintain this growth. I’m a really big fan of Burt's Bees as they use natural ingredients, no harsh chemicals and still produce products that work! When I saw their cuticle cream I instantly took an interest. It has a heavy lemon scent which is not at all overpowering, but provides a fresh scent. It kinda reminds me of Mr Kiplings Lemon slices lol. I just apply it to my cuticles and my nails as a pre- treatment, if you like, before I paint my nails. It also comes in handy if my nails are looking a bit on the dry side.

Shea Butter

This is a fairly new addition to my stash which has now become a definite staple. I started off using this on my hair as a sealant which my hair loved! (I'll provide more details in a post soon for anyone who is interested). I went on to do further research and came across a variety of benefits it can have for the skin. I have religiously been using shea butter on my face at night before I go to bed and my face has cleared up greatly. My skin tone has evened out and acne scars are beginning to fade. I know that in the beauty community there's a debate about whether shea butter is good for use on your face or not, but to be honest I've had no problems. It's definitely not something I could use in the morning as its quite thick, and that mixed with my oily t-zone would not be a pretty sight! But nevertheless, it works fine as my 'night cream' and doesnt transfer onto my pillow. Get in!
Apple Cider Vinegar

I was actually recommended this by one of you guys. I’ve wanted to try this as a clarifying treatment since the start of my hair journey. Lately I've had many battles with that ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo, which was my previous clarifying shampoo. It had burnt my eyes on too many occassions and so I needed a change. And let me tell you, the burn was intense! Don't you just hate when you get shampoo in your eye! Anyway, I’ve been using ACV to fight all the product build up that comes with having braids. I’ll probably do a full review on this at some point, but I love the stuff! My hair and scalp feels squeaky clean after every use. And although this is a clarifying treatment, my hair doesn’t feel as stripped as it did with the Creamy Aloe shampoo. 
Podcast: The Read
It takes me over an hour to get to work everyday, and now that I know all the words to almost every song in the charts I've switched from listening the radio to listening to Podcasts instead. One of my favourite people to watch on YouTube, Kid Fury, has a podcast show, and I wont even begin to explain the premise of the show but rather I'll let you guys listen for yourselves (it's free on i-tunes or you can listen on SoundCloud here). Him and his partner in crime, Crissle, have me rolling each session! People in their cars must think I'm really weird as I  literally laugh out loud, and I should mention I usually listen alone lol. But aside from the jokes I just love listening to their opinions, especially in their listener letters segment.

Mac Paramount
As I mentioned in my previous post I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with mac lipsticks. So to avoid sharing too many in this post I've chosen my favourite for this month. The shade is called Paramount. It's showing quite red in the picture (and not to mention terribly out of focus oops) but it's more of a browny- red. Love it! I also love that it's not really that popular. I tend to Google swatches before I buy them, if i buy online, and there were hardly any (to compare against my skin tone) so I decided to buy it on a whim and I'm very glad I did.

Hair Therapy Wrap 
I couldn't do my favourites post without including my Hair Therapy Wrap. You can check out my post here for my full review on it. I have really been liking the results of my deep conditioning since using this wrap. My hair has felt a lot softer and more importantly (to me) I have gotten good results in less time. Using this wrap has decreased my hair washing time significantly. I'm sure you'll be seeing this in future favourites posts!


So those are my favourites!
What have been some of your favourite things in the month of October?
Take Care.

4 comments:

  1. need to get a hair wrap like this.. and i used shea butter a lot before and i didnt mind it on my face either.. i am yet to try ACV as well.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They're so much cheaper than steamers.
      Oo cool, yeaa everyones skin is different. Fortunately I haven't had any side effects from using shea butter on my face

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to try using Shea Butter on my face to deal with my acne scars, thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey no problem! You only need the tiniest amount too :)

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...