Wednesday, 18 September 2013

What's In My Travel Bag?! (Hair Care)

Heyy guys!
Today I thought I'd share with you the hair care bits and bobs I recently took with me on my holiday. I went to Cape Verde, which is probably one of my favourite places in the world! I haven't really updated you on my current hair situation, but I have braids again surprise surprise. I didn't really want to have to deal with my hair too much whilst on holiday so I installed braids the week before I flew out. Even though my hair was away, I still needed to look after it and so I packed the above items into my toiletries bag. I think I did pretty well to condense all of my essentials down to what you see above, if I do say so myself. The fact that I only took two full sized products is a record for me. Generally I'm not a light packer, I tend to overpack lol. But I think that having my hair in braids helped free up some suitcase space.
So, I've split my hair care items into four categories: Moisturisers, oils, cleansers and styling.

Moisturisers

As the temperature in Cape Verde tended to be 35°C + I knew that I didn't want to be moisturising my scalp with a heavy, creamy moisturiser, and so I opted for a spray instead. I took my trusty Aloe Vera juice and water mix and the Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave in H2 Conditioner. This is a new product I've been using lately which has worked great when I've had my braids in as it's light and doesn't create build up. Not the best on my actual hair when it's out though as I prefer the heavy, creamy stuff. Oh and if you're wondering why mine has a red spray top instead of black, it's because I dropped the original top on the floor the day I purchased it and broke the spring. That'll teach me for leaving it on the edge of the table!

Oils

I could've got away with taking just one oil but the reason I took two was because I was doing the castor oil challenge, so I obviously needed to take that to keep up. (Oh and little update- I've decided to redo my castor oil challenge as I sorta flopped this time around and wasn't fully committed to it. So I started afresh on 1st Sept and will apply three times a week until 1st December. Wish me luck!) Anyway, I was on top of it whilst away but because I wasn't applying it daily I needed something for the remaining days of the week. The oil on the left is a mix of coconut oil and olive oil. My hair absolutely loves this mix! That's with braids and without! And it smells lovely! It actually smells of Nando's carrot cake and cream. I know that's so specific lol but yeah that's what it reminds me of.

Cleansers

I am like a fish in water when I'm away. I absolutely love swimming! I knew that i'd be doing a lot of it so it was essential that I packed my shampoos and conditioner. I took them both in diluted forms and I also packed my dry shampoo, which I previously wasn't that keen on, but I'm currently giving it another chance.

Styling

The styling accessories I took were pretty basic. I brought hair bands and bobby pins to keep all my styles in place. I also took edge control to tame my edges... Turned out to be a waste of time as it melted off during the day lol.
Before venturing out for the day I would spritz my hair with a heat protector for added protection against the sun. I chose the Tresemme Heat Defence Spray. It smells lovely and doesn't dry out my hair.

So as I promised in my last post, here are a few scenic snaps from my holiday :)
LtoR: View from submarine, Neptunus (Submarine), Souvenirs, Mirage in the dessert land, View from submarine (Our rep feeding the fishies), More souvenirs, Evening bbq on beach accompanied by african drumming, The lovely palm treed path to breakfast.

So guys, what's in your travel bag? If you've done a similar post feel free to leave a link.
Take Care.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post. I've found that my hair products always end up decorating my suitcase in one way or another. I'm not sure if it's the air pressure or the bag handling.

    Cape Verde looks awesome, I'll definitely have to add it to the list.

    curlschordsclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean lol I had to wrap mine in several plastic bags.
      I'd definitely recommend it, it's a beautiful island.
      x

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...