Monday, 18 February 2013

Transition | 8 Months post

Hey guys!
You may have noticed that i missed out my update for 7 months post, but i had my hair in braids, as you know, and I felt i had nothing new to add for that month. But, yes, i made it 8 months post relaxer a few weeks ago, and i have a few updates and changes this time around to fill you in on. It has been strange getting back into a routine again. I basically had braids for just over 2 months and my regimen seemed simplified 5x, and i obviously got used to that being my new routine. 

Anyway, this month i straightened my hair (all of it) for the first time in 8 months. I straightened a small section of leave out back in November for my graduation, but i haven't straightened my whole head since June of last year when i last relaxed my hair. To be honest it was not planned at all, i did it more in panic, if that's the right word to use. I'd come out of wearing braids and almost totally forgot what to do/ how to style my hair. Braidout's totally slipped my mind for some odd reason. I didn't take any pictures of my straightened hair unfortunately, and i probably wont be straightening my hair again anytime soon. Luckily my hair reverted back but it just had to be during the day. It looked awful guys lol. I avoided eye contact on my way home from work. It was my own doing. The current straighteners i own have no heat setting (for why, i do not know) so i kept switching it off after every pass so that it could cool down, and so that I wouldn't be using the maximum temperature. It seems so tedious but heat damage is not in my repertoire!

So lately I've been wearing my hair in braidouts and twist outs (as pictured above). Twistouts are becoming my go-to style. I like the way they look, and I've been getting some nice comments about mine at work. I usually flat twist my hair before bed and take them out the next morning ready for the day (my next post will go into much more detail about this). It's been great too as I've found that i'm not really using my comb as much as i used to.

In my last post i touched on the fact that i now have to wash my hair in sections. I tried to wash my hair as i did before my braids but that just resulted in tangles and so i'm finding that washing in sections is a lot easier. Yeah, it takes a little longer, but its helped me with detangling. I use between 4-8 sections. In my last post i also told you that i was using a new deep conditioner. You can read the review here. I'm liking it so far. I apply it in sections too before shampooing. It has nice slip and is currently keeping my new growth moisturised and soft.
In my new Year's Resolution's post i said that one thing i hoped to do this year was to 'be more consistent with my hair treatments...' as it's been a while since i've given my hair a nice treat. I've decided to start doing DIY treatments again (maybe once a month) to give my hair a good pampering. I actually have a lot up my sleeve already, with the first being a banana hair mask (yummy...) which i did last Saturday and shall blog about in a few posts time! 

I think that's it for my update this month. Still lovin' my curl pattern! :)
So, how's your transition going? And if you're not transitioning, how's your hair doing?
Take care.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your twistout, looks so nice!

    I straightened my hair last week for the first time in 5 months. It's grown which is great but like you my hair keeps reverting in public lol so I'm planning on changing it very soon. I actually decided I'm going to take your advice and try braids, so fingers crossed! :) x

    www.perfectlyrandomblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks!
      Oo yeah i think i saw a pic on instagram, it looks nice! Gosh, its annoying when it reverts back, isn't it lol.

      Aww cool! Cant wait to see how it turns out. Are you going to do them yourself?
      x

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Yeah it was SO annoying and embarrassing as well, I felt like people thought I had actually left my house like that thinking it was acceptable loool

      Sorry this reply is so late, now I know you've seen them already lol. But yeah I did them myself :) x

      Delete
    3. lol exactly how i felt!
      O wow u did? They came out really nice (as I've told you already lol)
      :) x

      Delete
  2. nice twist out! it's a good style for transitioners and fully natural girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yess i agree. It's my favourite style to do at the moment :)
      x

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...