Tuesday, 15 January 2013

My Top 5 Healthy 'eats' for healthy hair!

Heyy guys!
One of my personal New Year's resolutions is to eat healthily, and ensure that all my meals are balanced. From doing this in the past, I have found that my hair and skin reaped the benefits, massively. 

Today I thought I'd share with you my top 5 foods which are widely known to help the health of your hair.

Eggs

"I like eggggsss" Who remembers the Amanda show?
Whether you like your eggs fried, scrambled or with a kiss, they're a good source of protein. They also contain biotin and Vitamin B-12, all of  which are must haves for healthy hair.








Greek Yoghurt

Greek yoghurt is also high in hair- healthy protein. It contains Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), which you will find on many a hair product's ingredients list. Greek yoghurt also contains Vitamin D which is apparently linked to hair follicle health. I  love adding greek yoghurt to a bowl of fruits. Plus its fat free! Get in! Well this particular brand is...

Salmon

Again, salmon contains high levels of protein, as well as, iron and vitamin B-12 and vitamin D. It's filled with omega-3 fatty acids which the body cannot naturally make, and so salmon is a great source. Omega-3's are found in cell membranes in the skin of your scalp and help keep your scalp and hair hydrated.


Poultry

Poultry can be a great source of... yes you guessed it... protein! It also contains hair-healthy zinc, iron and B vitamins which keep your hair strands strong and abundant.  So meats such as chicken, lean beef and steak are all good foods for your hair. Too little protein in your diet can cause the hair to be weak and brittle.
But for you vegetarians/ vegans out there, there are other options/ sources which I will explain next.





Avocado (plus fruits, veg and salads in general)

Avocados were used by the ancient Egyptians for the purposes of moisturising dry hair, but more recently, avocados are widely recognised for carrying many nutritional benefits. They are high in Vitamins B and E, which help greatly with preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth.
Fruits and vegetables in general are full in vitamin C, which helps the body absorb Iron. Too little Vitamin C in your diet can cause dry and weak hair.  The best sources of vitamin C come from leafy greens, peppers, and citrus fruits.



Check out this mean salad I made for lunch yesterday. T'was delish!

My salad with avocado, lettuce, cucumber, yellow peppers, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes.
So, that's my top 5! There are many other foods which benefit your hair's health, but these are my top 5 of which I can say that I eat regularly. As you can see, most of the foods I mentioned contain high levels of protein, and so it goes to show just how important protein is in your diet in relation to your hair. After all, hair is protein!

So, what are your top 5, if any?

In other news, I reached 7 months post last week! :D No update this month though.
Ooo and by the way, I don't know if you noticed but I got a new camera, woo! So the quality of my photos should be a lot clearer as of now :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice post... I actually eat all those things weekly.. All the things you've mentioned are in my weekly trolley without a doubt.

    My boyfriend actually got me into the Greek Yogurt (total 0%) It wasn't love at first taste but I've become accustomed to it.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankss :)
      Oo that's good! Haha i was the same with the Greek yoghurt, i find it lacks flavour on its own but I love it with fruits
      X

      Delete
  2. Nice little round up. I too consume all these pretty consistently!Yay! I add a little honey and/or some crunchy cereal to my greek yogurt. (1st timer to your blog)

    Abbi of http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...