Saturday, 22 December 2012

Transition | 6 Months post

Heyy guys!
It has now been 25 weeks since my last relaxer, woohoo! This is initially how long I planned to stretch my relaxer for, as I explained all those months back in my Relaxer Update #3 post. I'm quietly confident that I can go the full way and transition. I know I expressed I had some doubts before, but so far this 'journey' hasn't been too bad. Just another year and a half to go!
On the other hand, a reason why its going so well so far is because, as you know, my hair is in braids at the moment. I guess I'll have to wait and see whether I feel the same way once I've taken them out lol.

In my previous two posts I explained everything new that I'm doing, methods-wise, now that my hair is in braids. You can view them here and here
This month I thought I'd take a shot at using dry shampoo, which I reviewed in my previous post. My experience with it was okay but if I'm being totally honest I haven't touched it since I wrote that review, if not before that. I think I prefer washing my braids the old- fashioned way, with a bit of warm water and a lather-y shampoo. You can't go wrong!
In terms of new growth it's hard to tell just how much I have as I didn't install the braids tightly to my scalp. Today, however, I took out a few visible braids which were slightly loose/scruffy with the intention of redoing them. But before I did that I thought it would be a good opportunity to show you my hair. The picture above shows my hair (against a white sheet of paper) after I removed the braid. In the picture on the left, my hair is simply two strand twisted. It really shows how thin my (relaxed) hair is compared to my actual hair.The image on the right shows the same two strand twist, unravelled. I guess it has grown slightly. What do you guys think? It definitely feels a lot thicker and softer anyway.
I think that's all I have to report for this month. So how has your hair been behaving this month?

5 comments:

  1. Wow great progress..are u transitioning to natural? I am 8 months post and my growth looks similar to that lol.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and btw, I adde you to my "blogs i like" page :) http://yolandaas.blogspot.co.uk/p/great-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's nice of u! :)
      Yeaa I'm currently transitioning, coming up to 7months. I've been following ur transition on ur blog too and gaining some tips :) x

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your journey. I wish I had transitioned, but had to do a big chop because my hair was SUPER damaged...series of bad choices. Anyway LOVE being natural.

    Femi

    aholicsanonymous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 'Just been over to your blog.. I love your hair! :) x

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...