Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Happy 1st Birthday AWindowofThoughts!

Heyy guys!
Today marks a year since I began my blog! Time has really flown by.
This time last year, i had just started my final year at university and I had decided to embark upon a hair journey.
I started my blog to coincide with this journey. I thought it would be a nice way to collect all of my thoughts in one place, and to be able to look back on to see my progress and how I've grown as a person. So that evening on 10th October 2011 i logged into my vacant Blogger account, which i hadn't touched since i registered, and put out my first introductory blog post. And that was it! AWindowofThoughts was born! I am aware of how cheesy that sounds lol

 I have read back on a few posts that I did in the beginning and thought 'did i really write that?' lol but I can say i'm also quite proud of some of the things i've published and the progress of my hair. You don't actually realise how far you've come until you look at pictures, and if it wasn't for my blog and this whole hair journey i would have never noticed even the minor differences.

If you've read my posts from the earlier days you'll know i used to do a few fashion and beauty related posts. This was mostly when my hair was in braids and i had nothing hair- related to blog about. I might bring those sorts of posts back this year, as i really did enjoy doing them and showing others my fav. clothing and beauty items . What do you guys think?

I love sharing my hair journey with others and receiving feedback from other bloggers. The blogging community is amazing. You guys always leave such nice comments, and such comments have been my motivation to carry on. There were a few times i felt like giving up all together but i'm glad i didn't. I really do enjoy blogging as it allows me to be creative and honest, and the fact my creativity and honesty is appreciated is a great feeling. I would like to say thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment, given me feedback or followed my blog. It really does mean a lot!
I'm excited to see where the next year will take me. Hopefully i'll still have my little space on the web to celebrate a 2nd birthday, and i hope you'll be here to share it with me.
Take Care! x
You can check out my first post here

8 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Blog Birthday!!!
    I think more fashion and beauty related posts is a great idea, I look forward to reading them if that's what you choose to do :) x

    www.perfectlyrandomblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D
      Yea I think I will get back to doing them at some point :) x

      Delete
  2. Yayay happy 1 year ) I just found your blog and love it as a matter of fact-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!! 



    Elle xoxo

    www.thehighfeather.com 
    High Feather Twitter
    High Feather Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey hun,
    I've I nominated your for the Versatile blogger award, Check it out here:
    http://kiwi-fashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Kiwi..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy. Thank you for nominating me! :) I've actually already done it but i'll check out yours x

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...