Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Homemade Hot Oil treatment #1

Pure Honey, Coconut Oil (Solid) and Resealable food bags
Heyy guys!
So, i've been on a hair journey for months now and i was still yet to try a hot oil treatment. I've had one treatment done at the salon and that was about it. I think it was mostly because i didn't have the time/ didn't know where to fit it in. Nevertheless, i have all the time in the world now, and so this was top of my list haircare- wise.

This is a simple hot oil treatment mix which, if you are interested in trying, can be made in your own home with two simple ingredients: Coconut Oil and Honey.

 I added 4 tbs of Coconut Oil with 2 tbs of Natural Honey into a small plastic bag and placed this bag into a bowl of hot water. I left it for approx 1 minute to warm and then let it cool outside of the bowl so that the hot oil would not burn my scalp. I then proceeded to apply the mixture to damp hair (I had just co-washed). I covered my hair with my plastic cap for 20mins and then rinsed it out. 

I'm not too sure how I feel about this hot oil treatment. Applying the mixture to my hair felt... weird. The honey definitely overpowered the coconut oil and so it was a very sticky mixture. However after i did rinse it out my hair felt much better. I probably will try this again but I may try leaving it in longer for better absorption.

If you have any suggestions for me please let me know, it would be much appreciated! :)

4 comments:

  1. You have good tips! Love your blog, would u like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome d.i.y hot oil treatment! Have you ever tried a hot oil treatment in the shower.. for the steam effect? It's great, especially since you're using honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've tried it when deep conditioning but i never thought to do it with a hot oil treatment. I shall try it next time! Thanks for the advice :)

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...