Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Protein treatment with ORS Hair Mayonnaise

Heyy!
I noticed a few weeks ago that my hair was shedding quite a bit after washing my hair and so i decided it was time to give my hair a boost of protein in order to strenghen it up. As i described in my hair products & accessories post, i purchased ORS's Hair Mayonnaise.
Below are the steps i took.



























1. Firstly i shampooed my hair, rinsed and dried with an old t-shirt.

2. I left my hair to dry naturally whilst i mixed up the products. I added 3 equal tablespoons of the Hair Mayonnaise into a mixing bowl adding 3 rough tablespoons of castor oil. 

3. Once my hair had transitioned from dripping to wet to damp i went on to section my hair into 4 parts; 2 sections at the front and 2 sections at the back.

4. I then applied the hair mayonnaise- castor oil mixture to my damp hair using an applicator brush. When i had finished with each section i tied it in a bantu knot so that my hair would not get in the way.

5. When all sections were coated in the mixture i combed through my hair to ensure that the product had been evenly distributed. The image below shows the result of this. My hair looked almost straw-like but it felt soft, suprisingly. The image below also shows the shedding i experienced, which didn't seem to be a lot.
 
6. I then gathered my hair together and put on a plastic cap. The instructions on the Hair Mayonnaise packaging say to leave the product on your hair for 15-20mins but i then i left mine on for 45minutes. Rebel.

7. When 45mins were up, i got back in the shower and rinsed it out

I then dried my hair, lightly detangled and continued with my usual wash day routine (deep condition etc)






My Thoughts
I think i now understand why a lot of people love this product. As i rinsed it out of my hair i could actively feel that it had made a difference. The mixture is very creamy and so when i rinsed it out it made my hair feel so soft. My hair did not feel limp or elastic as it had felt after my last few washes. The whole process was slightly tedious as it involved me getting in and out of the shower three times (1st to shampoo my hair, next to rinse out the protein treatment and finally to rinse out my deep conditioner), however this is something i'll probably only be doing once a month so i can live with it i 'spose.
When i had finished the whole process i did notice that i did shed a few hairs, but all in all my shedding had reduced significantly. I'm now eager to see if this holds up for the rest of the week.


Have any of you tried this product? If so, what were your thoughts on it?

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff! I used to use regular mayonnaise and eggs and honey (very stinky and drippy and the egg used to cook in my hair) but have since switched to this stuff after my sister in law introduced me to it! I have dreads and they are growing like crazy since I've begun deep conditioning with this stuff. Would wash my dreads early in the morning and leave the conditioner on all day and then rinse thoroughly and let them air dry. Great product! Highly recommend if you are looking for healthy tresses or in my case dreadlocks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...