Sunday, 8 April 2012

Wahl Powerpik Hairdryer


Heyy guys!
A few months ago i was randomly flicking through the argos catalogue and came across the Wahl Powerpik Hairdryer. The reason why it caught my eye was because it was especially marketed for afro- caribbean hair. At first i found it quite strange to see a product like this in argos of all places, and also i wondered why its use was specifically for afro- carib hair... what exactly makes it different from other hairdryers..?
 So, i did a little research and couldn't find any hard facts to answer my questions... Not even on Wahl's website, which was slightly diappointing...

Anyway, i received it as a gift for my birthday just gone. It's soo small lol. Smaller than most hairdryers and i think that's what i like about it. Also as its smaller, it makes it much easier to grip. Blowdrying your own hair can be difficult at times, especially reaching the back, and so it was important to me that i could do this with ease.
As you can see it comes with two attachments; a concentrator nozzle and the afro pik. The afro pik is soft and resembles one you would find in a hair salon. The hairdryer comes with three heat settings; low heat, medium heat and high heat.

I know i'm currently taking a no-heat approach with my hair but i was eager to try it out. I washed my hair and used the blowdrier on cool heat to dry one section of my hair. I have to say it worked really well. The hairdryer itself isn't too loud, in my opinion, which is good. Also, my hair seemed to glide through the pik smoothly. I know it'll be a great help when my new growth comes in.

The only downside of this product is that you cannot use it as a blowdrier (hairdryer + afro pik) on a high heat setting as it can damage both the hairdryer and the attatchment. (It states this clearly in the instructions). However this is also a good thing as it'll prevent me from using heat i guess.

This product retails at £17.99.

I hope this mini review was helpful for someone :)

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I can't live without my hair dryer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) That used to be the same with me lol x

      Delete
  2. I have this hairdryer! I've been using this since I was little and I've always used the hairdryer and afro pik on the high setting without a second thought...oops, guess I should have read the manual lol. Great review, really informative :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo really? Cool! :)
      Yea I never normally read the manual either but that just caught my eye lol
      Thank you! x

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...