Friday, 9 March 2012

Weave: Leave-out care

Heyy guys!
It seems like its been a while since i blogged about my hair. Then again, when you have weave there's only so much you can talk about.

When i have a weave, me and my leave- out have a love- hate relationship. Some days i feel it looks decent and other days my hair feels dry, thinner and blah. Dont even get me started on blending! I'm not the best at blending my hair with weaves lol so that post is not gonna be in the pipeline any time soon! lol.

Anyway, this is how i treat my leave out hair when sporting a weave:
- Moisturise and seal every other day
- Oil my leave out area and the rest of my scalp with castor oil at least once a week... sometimes twice.
- Straighten only when needed (I'm still taking a shunning approach when it comes to heat)
- Use edge control daily to neaten up my egdes.
- Wash my hair with a shampoo every other week, followed by a deep condition
- Wash my hair with a conditioner every week that i do not wash with a shampoo, deep conditioning before hand.

There's not much to say about my nightly routine really. I just cover my whole head with a silk scarf and sleep :)

So, do any of you have a 'weave leave out regime'? Feel free to share below :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I have my hair out at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to always wear weaves too and i always thought it felt like the leave out got extra damaged.. because your only "touching" that part.. and im the same as you, i would never comment in someones blog saying they should follow me.. i find it strange.. x

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...