So as i mentioned in a previous post i got a weave done just after the new year. Even as i was getting it done i was thinking 'why am i doing this?' lol. Never thought i'd say think that as this time last year i could have diagnosed myself as a weave-a-holic!
But i realise that i need to give my hair a serious rest from the tension weaves bring. Also i want to be able to view the changes to my hair live, and be able to see what works well and what doesn't.
Here are some of the pros and cons of weaves in my opinion based on past experiences:
- Good protective style
- Suprising, has been good on my edges
- Requires little maintenance and is an affordable style
- Lasts for a long period of time
- My hair has grown and thickened significantly as a result of getting weaves (+ general tlc)
- Tension from the tightness can harm your hair. My hair was a lot thinner at the front. (It's finally recovering though)
- Shedding! I am constantly finding hair on my floor as well as on my clothes
- Blending the weave with my natural hair can be difficult at times
- Can cause your hair to break
As you can see, my pros and cons are equally balanced. However in order to give my hair the proper rest it needs i've decided to try clip-ins! I'm getting so excited about it already lol.
Clip ins cause next to no damage to your hair. They are quick and easy to use and take out. Great for those (like me) who love to change styles frequently. They allow you to be slightly more flexible with your styles whereas sew-in's restict you to the one style until it is time to take it out.
The only thing i'm worried about is them falling out. I had an incident like this once with a phoney-pony... lol I can laugh about it now. Suprisingly at the time i wasn't even embarrassed...
So have any of you guys tried clip-ins before? Feel free to leave a comment on your experience with them. Also can anyone recommend a good brand to use for clip-ins?