Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Tired of weaves? Why not try clip-ins!

Hey guys!
Source
So as i mentioned in a previous post i got a weave done just after the new year. Even as i was getting it done i was thinking 'why am i doing this?' lol. Never thought i'd say think that as this time last year i could have diagnosed myself as a weave-a-holic!
But i realise that i need to give my hair a serious rest from the tension weaves bring. Also i want to be able to view the changes to my hair live, and be able to see what works well and what doesn't.

Here are some of the pros and cons of weaves in my opinion based on past experiences:
Pros:
  • Good protective style
  • Suprising, has been good on my edges
  • Requires little maintenance and is an affordable style
  • Lasts for a long period of time
  • My hair has grown and thickened significantly as a result of getting weaves (+ general tlc)
Cons:
  • Tension from the tightness can harm your hair. My hair was a lot thinner at the front. (It's finally recovering though)
  • Shedding! I am constantly finding hair on my floor as well as on my clothes
  •  Tangling!
  • Blending the weave with my natural hair can be difficult at times
  • Can cause your hair to break

As you can see, my pros and cons are equally balanced. However in order to give my hair the proper rest it needs i've decided to try clip-ins! I'm getting so excited about it already lol.
Clip ins cause next to no damage to your hair. They are quick and easy to use and take out. Great for those (like me) who love to change styles frequently. They allow you to be slightly more flexible with your styles whereas sew-in's restict you to the one style until it is time to take it out.
The only thing i'm worried about is them falling out. I had an incident like this once with a phoney-pony... lol I can laugh about it now. Suprisingly at the time i wasn't even embarrassed...

So have any of you guys tried clip-ins before? Feel free to leave a comment on your experience with them. Also can anyone recommend a good brand to use for clip-ins?

4 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to try some clip in for ages. When I was looking I looked at foxylocks and they had very good quality ones but I wasn't sure if they would match my hair as I am not jet black or even black I have alot of brown tones. I didn't get them in the end but I would love to hear where you get them from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I'll definitely check foxylocks out. My hair isn't black either, more of a dark brown and sometimes i have almost golden- brown tones to my hair aswell lol. I will defo let you know what i do go for and where i get it from :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi Rebecca...writing you to inform you that I have awarded you with the Kerativ Blog Award. Check it out when you have free time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much!! I'll check it out now :) x

      Delete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...