Thursday, 26 January 2012

No heat needed!

Heyy!
So, my bendy rollers have been sitting in my room for quite some time now collecting dust so i thought i would attempt to curl my weave after i washed my hair. Bendy rollers (or flexi rods as they're also known) are great to use when you want to avoid using heat on your hair. It's a little bit like rollersetting but takes less effort.
Pack of 17- Amazon- £2.50
My bendy rollers are a little different. They come with these cool plugs to help secure it at the end. instead of folding it over.
So, as my hair was drying i started putting in the flexi rods. I ended up using them all but one, using the smaller rods at the back of my head and the larger rods towards the front. I'm thinking now though that i should have done it the other way around lol.
I sectioned the hair quite generously, using the thickness of about two tracks long and about a third of the rod wide (if that makes sense). Using the rods, i curled my hair outwards (away from my face) but then when i got to my fringe area i curled inwards (towards my face); a technique i got from ShirleybEniang on Youtube.
I slept on it overnight and this is the result...
I'm happy with it seeing as this was my first ever attempt at curling with bendy rollers. Hopefully i'll get better with it over time... And as they say, practice makes perfect :)

12 comments:

  1. looks good, i've never seen plug ones before so that something i'll have to investigate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u :)
      Yea, neither had i but i thought i'd give them a try anyway. I got them from amazon if that helps x

      Delete
  2. Looks cute. I keep telling myself I need to try flexirods.

    guyanesesista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Oo yea go for it! The curls come out really nice. Better than i expected anyway x

      Delete
  3. Yes, I love those things!

    xoxo
    MissCrystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Glad i started using them :) x

      Delete
  4. very nice.. I am looking to buy some new bend rollers and the ones you got are at an amazing price.. I will definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeaa go for it! :) You wouldn't think it, but Amazon do a lot of cheap hair supplies x

      Delete
  5. The outcome is pretty. Iv never seen the plug in ones before though

    ReplyDelete
  6. good information.
    thanks.
    mind following each other?

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...