Wednesday, 30 November 2011

I gots me some JBCO!

Hey guys!
So as i said in my previous post, i finally ordered the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and it arrived today. I purchased it from amazon through a company called GTB Natural. Their website is [here] so check them out if you wish! The delivery was really fast, and it was packaged really well! That's one thing i was worried about, it being in a glass bottle and all...



So anyway, i'm so happy i finally managed to get my hands on some JBCO after hearing such good reviews on it. So many people swear by this product as it is known to thicken hair and promote new growth. It's 100% natural and is made only from the seeds of a castor oil plant. One of the main criticisms i came across however was the smell. Endless amounts of people said they couldn't bare the smell, and this has deterred them from using it. In my opinion the smell really isnt that bad. I can understand where everyone is coming from though. Its not really a smell i would want in my hair for more than a few days, but its not overpowering (in my opinion) so dont let this prevent you from buying it... don't knock it 'til you've tried it, i say!

One thing that suprised me was the consistency of this oil.


On my finger it was quite runny (It took me ages to take a decent picture lol), but as soon as i applied it on my hair it was so thick! Almost like the thickness of honey.
So to apply this i just used my fingertip (as i'm yet to purchase an applicator bottle) and massaged it into my scalp. Bear in mind, i still have my senegalese twists in, so i just applied it on the partings made by the braid. I did this all over my head and then did a 5minute scalp massage. Because the jbco is quite thick, i doubt ill be applying it daily. For the moment i think i will fit it into my regimen before a co-wash day, and i may be adding some to my deep conditioner.
I'll hopefully be able to do a full review of this product in 2 months time, so watch out for that!

So, have any of you guys used JBCO before? What do you think of it?


x-Thanks for reading-x


Disclaimer: I am in no way related to GTB Natural. This product was purchased with my own money and all opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy, i tried this and it made my scalp dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sia Oh no, really? I'm hoping that's not the case for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just saw you in my follower list and Ive been checking your blog out.. i think it's great! im following.. I've got Castor Oil aswell and yeah it is really thick! I suggest you use it for hot oil treatment.. you can mix it with another oil to make it more easy to apply, and still get the same effect.. Take Care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Yolandaas Awh thank u so much! :) Same to you. Your blog is really interesting.
    Thanks for the advice... I'll definitely give that a try! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback :) I always reply, so be sure to check back regularly for my responses :) Take Care.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...